Position has been filled!
August 03, 2017
Position: Program Manager
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: starting at 38K - 40K
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, SIMPLE IRA w/match, short and long term disability
The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of facilitating home share matches, working directly with participants and their families.
This position plays a pivotal role in the success of Home Share Now and thus holds significant responsibility; performance will be measured against grant outcome goals. We’re looking for a compassionate, mature candidate that can achieve results and is comfortable with quantifiable and qualitative performance measurement.
The Program Manager must be detail and process oriented, a team player, a self-initiator, motivated to seek out information, and interested in learning about community partners.
Flexible thinking, a forward-looking philosophy, and a strong spirit suits this position best. As a team-oriented organization, the position is responsible for some administration and special projects.
- Provide information about our program and process, encourage enrollment, clarify and understand the needs and wants of participants and their support networks, and make assessments and appropriate referrals/recommendations.
- Facilitate introductions between home seekers and home providers.
- Present the Home Share Now message to local agencies, churches, civic groups, etc. to reach prospective participants, volunteers, and donors.
- Become knowledgeable of the service providers in our coverage area and beyond.
- Use online and print outlets weekly for advertising home sharing opportunities.
- Respond same-day to any inquiries whenever possible, maintain open lines of communication, and have a system for staying in touch with active participants.
- Recruit, train, direct, and lead volunteers as necessary.
- Train and supervise the Program Support Provider.
- In collaboration with the Program Support Provider, set up and conduct participant interviews.
- In collaboration with the Program Support Provider and volunteers, ensure that all reference calls are made and that background checks are complete.
- In collaboration with the Mediator, help in the early stages of match development.
- Help respond to difficult home sharing match situations.
- Maintain accurate filing systems and statistical data.
- Record and share Home Share Now stories and quotes.
- Attend meetings and trainings as necessary/required.
- Work with the Home Share Now team to help evaluate the program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BA required; preferably in human service/social services or related field.
- 5+ years professional experience, preferably in social service or non-profit field.
- Experience as a case manager is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple and competing demands.
- Ability to inspire and encourage volunteers.
- Excellent phone, verbal, and written communication skills, including sensitivity, effective questioning, active listening, problem solving, compassion, and team work.
- Judgment, intuition, empathy, and perseverance to resolve participant issues.
- Accuracy and detail oriented.
- Ability to carefully follow process and procedure.
- Above-average organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; reliable, honest, and upbeat.
- Ability to be non-judgmental and to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Familiarity with fair housing practices and landlord/tenant law.
- Reliable vehicle, driver’s license, and proof of insurance required.
- Background check required.
- Ability to travel within large service area (mileage reimbursement provided).
- Willingness to transport participants to introductions within large rural area.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to use telephone and computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Occasional weekend and evening work.
- Attention to details.
- Extremely organized.
- Ability to work in shared office space.
- Ability to supervise volunteers and the Program Support Provider.
- A glass half full attitude.
Anticipated Workload Breakdown (approximately):
- 30% Participant Interviews and Background Checks
- 50% Participant Contact, Introductions, and Match Exploration
- 05% Systems Management
- 10% Volunteer/Intern/Staff Management
- 05% Outreach
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume to Christina Goodwin, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org